My Relaxer Update @ 15 weeks post

Thursday, April 24, 2014

   From my previous post I mentioned that I did get a relaxer the Wednesday after my protective style take down. I wanted to wait till the weekend to relax the hair but due to the Easter festivities i had no choice than to do it earlier.

   I went to my trusted hairdresser to get my relaxer done. As soon as I got to the salon I realised she was busy braiding another client's hair  so her assistant had to do the touch up for me. I had no choice because I had travelled quite a distance just to get the hair done.

  I coated my relaxed hair plus new growth Roux Porosity Control. I forgot to carry any oil! I started chastising my self for my forgetfulness. I really wanted to top it up with some oil.

   I sat down in the chair and the process began. 

   
  My hair was relaxed using  the Creme of Nature Argan Oil Relaxer(No Lye, Regular). The application and smoothing process took 15 mins. I kept insisting that I did not want my hair over processed.
  After the relaxer was rinsed out, I did a mid-step protein treatment using Aphogee Two Minutes Reconstructor. Had it in my hair for 5 minutes.

  Rinsed out and proceeded to neutralise the hair with Creme of Nature Neutralising Shampoo that came with the relaxer kit.

  Neutralised three time then shampooed again with ORS HAIRepair Invigorating Shampoo.

   Deep conditioned under the hooded for 20 mins with a mixture of  Creme of Nature Argan Oil Intense Moisture Treatment, ORS Replenishing Conditioner , grapeseed oil and essential oils. I had to do this because the Creme of Nature conditioner was not enough.

  After the conditioner was rinsed out and my hair patted dry, it was time for trimming. The left side of my hair was longer than the right side and I wanted it even hence the trim. I like this particular salon because when you say you need a trim they do just THATTRIM≠CUT! 

  Applied Keracare Leave-In to my whole hair and Aphogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer to my ends.
  
  Did a roller set using the Keracare Foam Wrap Set Lotion.
 
  Applied T444Z to my scalp and Elyons Hair Food to my hair and finished it off with Organix Ever Straight Brazilian Keratin Oil  for sheen.

    I was not pleased with the relaxer results. It turned out that the right front part of my hair was more processed than the left side. So I have a bit of texture at the right side than the left.  This is the first time I am unhappy with my relaxer results since I started my hair journey.
 
  I really need to step up my game to enable me reach my APL goal length for the year.


       


                                                           My Hair five days after Relaxer





                                                           Hair from different angles


Thanks for Reading!
Nitty                  

                                 How was your recent relaxer result?












 









You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images