Relaxer Update and Dark and Lovely Amla Legend Relaxer Review

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

I relaxed my hair on Saturday May 9th 2015 at 21 weeks 3 days post relaxer. It was a fairly smooth process. This time I used the Dark and Lovely Amla Legend Relaxer.

This relaxer is part of the products I received from Dark and Lovely.




The relaxer came in a lovely green box as seen above. It contains a 5 step relaxing process for 2 applications.

1. Scalp Base 2. No Mix Perm 3. Neutralizing Shampoo with Colour Indicator 4. Replenishing Hair Mask 5. Oil Moisturiser. 6. Gloves 7. An Instruction Manual.








My relaxer process was done by my trusted hairdresser Abigail.

She started off by detangling my hair and sectioning it into 4 parts. She then based my scalp, ears, forehead and neck area with the scalp base that was in the kit.

She applied the relaxer to each section of hair and used her fingers to massage the perm into the hair and combed through only once. Mind you this was done to the new growth only. I made it clear I did not want an over processed hair.

The whole application process took about 10 minutes. This relaxer processed my hair really fast. My hair straight within minutes and I started to feel a little burn. Just a little. So i quickly went to the sink.




Ignore the face.

At sink, she rinsed out the relaxer with plenty water and then neutralised my hair with the shampoo. The colour of the lather changed from pink to white indicating that the relaxer was completely out of the hair.

She then applied the Replenishing Mask to my hair. I sat down for about 5 minutes and then rinsed out the conditioner.

Abigail applied the Damage Anti-Dote Oil Moisturiser to my hair.

And then roller set using Lotta Body Setting Lotion and brush rollers.

After the hair dried, she applied T444Z to my scalp and shea butter to my hair.



Hitting SL again after i cut my hair to NL.

My Verdict : I like that it is a no mix relaxer. It did relax my hair well but I do not like the fact that it processed so quickly. Hence one could easily get a burnt scalp. Even with the scalp base, I still felt some form of burning. If you have fine hair please do not use this relaxer. Would i buy this relaxer if i saw it in a shop? Not sure. I might just try it one more.

I will give 3 out of 5 stars for the reason that it did burn a little.

Have you used the Amla Relaxer? Leave your reviews below.

Thanks for reading!


Stay Hairbulous. :-)

Nitty xx

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Yehhhh! Back to SL. I'm excited. This means you will be APL this if things keep going well.like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Abena. I was happy to see some progress. Praying and keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks for reading. xx

      Delete
  2. I love how your hair is returning to normal. No evidence of a setback. Congrats on hitting SL. Headed for APL now!!!!
    Looks like you had a really smooth relaxer day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did Nisa. Relaxer process went well and i was pleased with the results. APL, here I come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did Nisa. Relaxer process went well and i was pleased with the results. APL, here I come.

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images