My 2016 Hair Goals

Tuesday, January 05, 2016

  Hi Lovelies!

  Happy New Year to you all. May this year bring us goodness, health, wealth and long healthy hair.


Now to how my hair has been faring. I have had so many challenges with my hair ever since I started my journey back in 2013. It was always a back and forth issue with my hair. When I make progress, I always end up with a set back that take me back to square one. Last year in March or April I had to cut my hair to neck length due to severe breakage and shedding. By the end of December I made it to full shoulder length again. My hair feels fuller and healthier. I'm hoping my hair keeps progressing henceforth.

My 2016 Hair Goals

1. For 2016, It's my fervent prayer that I do not experience any setback. My hope is to retain a minimum of 4 inches of my hair and also maintain the health of my hair.

2. Do more deep conditioning treatments with my steamer or thermal cap.

3 Stretch my relaxers for a minimum of 12 weeks and a maximum of 20 weeks. I realise long stretches at this stage are not working for me.

4. It is going to be a year of protective styling. I will be hiding my hair for the most part and do a big reveal in December. So help me God.

5.Consistently take my hair vitamins. I struggled with this because o f the headaches I was getting from taking the full dosage. My plan is to take one pill a day.

6. Avoid unnecessary purchase of hair products. You can call me the queen of product junkies. I believe I have enough products to last me throughout the year. Still in search for a good moisturiser though.

7. Massage my scalp at least 3 times a week.

8. Be a full participant in hair challenges.

9. Maintain my edges.

10. Drink more water at least two litres a day.

My Starting Length for 2016

Thanks for reading!
Stay Hairbulous
Nitty xoxo
                                What are your hair goals for the year?

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Abena,I will be participating in the challenges you are rolling out. Doing the 30 day scalp massages now.

      Delete
  2. Yaaay. Way to go. Gonna start massaging my hair too. those are some good tips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally shd massage ur scalp.Thanks for reading Priscilla.

      Delete
  3. Sometimes, those cuts are necessary. Your hair definitely looks full

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true. I don't regret cutting the hair. It's better to choose health over length.

      Delete
  4. Great! These are some of my hair goals. What are some hair vitamins? and which one were you taking?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Annette! I'm currently taking Natures Bounty Hair Skin and Nails. I'm thinking about getting The Mane Choice Manetabolism Hair Pills afterwards. Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images