Wash Day + Hard Protein Treatment

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Started my wash day pretty late on Saturday.
Prepooed with Strong Roots Red Pimento Hair Growth Oil on my scalp a mixture of grapeseed oil, coconut oil and essential oils (grape,lemon and peppermint) on my hair  for about an hour.








Shampooed twice with ORS Hairepair Shampoo. Patted my hair dry and applied the Aphogee 2 Step Protein Treatment to my hair and used my blow dryer on medium heat to dry out the treatment.  I use this hard protein treatment a week or two after my relaxers to restore the protein lost during the relaxer process.

Caution: Do Not Agitate your head with the Aphogee Treatment in it. Doing so can cause breakage. This treatment makes your hair  really stiff but it does the job.

Washed out the protein treatment thoroughly and patted my hair with a towel get excess water out. I then applied Roux Porosity Control to my hair for about five mins and washed it out.
Followed it with the Aphogee Balancing Moisturiser for another five mins.
Did a tea rinse using thyme tea to refresh my scalp. I have not done a tea rinse in a long while.

And then deep conditioned with the ORS Hairepair Conditioner mixed with the rest of my prepoo oil. ( Got a sample from a friend who is also on a hair journey). I really wanted to steam my but thanks to ECG (Electricity Company of Ghana) my power was off.  I had no choice than to deep condition with my body heat for about an hour.





         

















Rinsed out the conditioner and dried the hair for about 20  mins with a towel. By this time, I was hoping and praying that the power came back so I could roller set. Nope that did not materialise. Thanks a lot ECG! When my hair was about 80% dry, I applied my Keracare Leave-In and opted for a flexi rod set with the Keracare Foam Wrap Set Lotion. Then went to bed. It was the most uncomfortable sleep EVER!
The following morning I realised my flexi rod set. did not come out well at all. The curls were not smooth and bouncy. And since I was in a rush getting ready for Church I did not take any photos. I just combed out the curls and pinned my hair up.
Later that afternoon, I went to the salon for a roller set. I dampened my hair with some water and sprayed in the Aussie Luscious Long Leave-In.  The hair was set with brush rollers and Revlon Setting Lotion and I love the results.





 


Thanks for reading!

 Nitty                  

                                              How was your recent wash day?


.

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I've got my eyes on the ORS invigorating shampoo:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gives a tingling effect which i personally love.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The invigorating shampoo and the the roux porosity is on my wishlist. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Fatima. Confession: Have been stalking your Instagram page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Im not as active as I used to be. Schools got the best of me. Loving your blog. My reads for the eeek ;)

      Delete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images