Relaxer Update

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Hello friends,
I missed you all. I finally relaxed my hair at 29 weeks post relaxer. And oh boy, it was a rough relaxer day. My hair got wet when it started raining and I was picking laundry from the line. I totally forgot to cover my hair. I dried my with a blow dryer prior to visiting the salon and applied silk amino acids to my already relaxed ends.

At the salon, the hairdresser realised my hair was still wet at the roots and asked me to sit under the hooded dryer for a few minutes. That when I knew I was in trouble. She parted my hair into four sections and based my scalp with Scalp Protective Gel. I used the Amla Legend Relaxer. I wanted this relaxer because it processes fast and it will be able to tame my new growth.




















The application process took less the 10 minutes because the relaxer begun to burn so badly. I quickly asked the hairdresser to wash the relaxer out. She then neutralised with the shampoo that came with in the box.

Conditioned by hair using the Amla Legend Hair Mask. Rinsed out and towel dried the hair and applied Aphogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer and Paul Mitchell Serum.
Roller set with brush rollers. And dried using the hooded dryer.

I noticed after my hair had dried that one part of hair had more texture (almost natural) than the other. I was not amused. Two days after the relaxer my hair felt so dry and was breaking. I have used other no lye relaxers before and did not have breakage. Neither was my hair extremely dry like this. I think the breakage is also due to the fact that I did not deep condition on relaxer day. But this is the last time I will use the Amla Legend Relaxer. The first time I used it it turned out well but this time it's a no no.
My subsequent was wash days consisted of extreme prepooing, chelating/clarifying/neutralizing and deep conditioning with my steamer.

First Wash After Relaxer.
1. Prepooed with Roux Porosity Control and Paul Mitchell Moisturising Conditioner for several hours.
2. Shampooed with ORS Aloe Creamy Shampoo. Patted hair dry with a towel.
3. Applied Aphogee two minutes keratin conditioner to my hair for 3 hours.
4.Deep conditioned for 20 minutes under my steamer with the ORS Hairepair Conditioner. Rinsed out conditioner and dried my hair with my turbie twist.
5. Applied Keracare Leave-In and Paul Mitchell Serum
6. Roller set with magnetic rollers.  My hair came out soft and the breakage reduced drastically.

Second Wash 
 1. Prepooed again with Roux Porosity Control Conditioner and Paul Mitchell Moisturising Conditioner overnight.
 2. Shampooed with ORS Aloe Creamy Shampoo.
 3. Deep conditioned under the steamer with Silicon Mix conditioner ( Will share my thoughts about this conditioner later) for 20 minutes. Rinsed out conditioner and dried hair with a towel.
4. Applied Aussie Luscious Leave-in, Keracare Leave-In and Chi Silk Infusion. (this serum is the bomb.com!) better than Paul Mitchell Serum.
5. Roller set my hair with brush rollers and dried under a hooded dryer. My hair was feeling good. Soft and smooth.






 This is how my hair looks now. I will be getting a protective style soon for the yuletide.

Thanks for reading!

Stay hairbulous.

Nitty xxx

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Wow! pampering of hair, Amazing wash day it was. how did you find the Amla Lengend relaxer kits?

    ReplyDelete
  2. First to comment! The first time was ok. But this time around it was not too good. It started burning and afterwards my hair started breaking even though i just relaxed it. I don't think I would use it again. Thanks for reading my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see the breakage reduced. I'm sure it was from using the hooded dryer before relaxing and your hair cuticles not reacting well to that kind of "manipulation " I like the ORS HaiRepair relaxer. Also how do you like the Nourishing Conditioner?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ok. I think so. I like the ORS Hairepair relaxer too. I only switched bcos Dark and Lovely sent me Amla Legend. I love the nourishing conditioner. It's a staple!

      Delete
  4. Sorry your touch up didn't turn out well. Glad
    Your breakage reduced though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this Nitty. I am planning to go for it soon.

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images