My Protective Style Take Down + Wash Day Experience

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

      I had installed tree braids also known as African Queen in Ghana for the past six weeks and took them down on Sunday April 13, 2014. The detangling process was a mess. I had micro braids at the lower back of my head and undoing the micro braids was so difficult I had no choice than to cut them. The front part of the bigger cornroll also had some micro cornrolls linking them. It was during the take down process that i noticed this. My sister helped me to take them down. It took almost 5 hours. I was so mad and swore never to do this protective style again!!!. I'm still trying to find the perfect protective style so I can stretch my relaxers longer.
    I lost a lot of hair at the front of my head. The coloured part broke off  the back also plus all the shed hair. I wanted to cry. It was not the first time I had done this style but it was my first time at this particular hair salon.
There were knots and so much tangled hair. Kudos to my sister who helped me out else it would have gotten worse. I was so exhausted and worked up that I forgot to take pictures.

Later that night( around 9pm), I prepooed with coconut oil for about 15 mins and the shampooed my hair twice using the Organix Hydrating Macadamia Oil Shampoo.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                               






















I followed up with the Organix Hydrating Macadamia Oil Conditioner and covered my  hair with a shower cap for 15mins.
I rinsed out the conditioner patted my hair dry and applied grape seed oil to it.

Then i detanlged again when the hair was about 80% dry and then went off to bed. It was past midnight when i slept. Whew! Things we do for our hair.

In the morning, I applied Keracare Leave-in to the hair and the lightly sprayed it with Aphogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer. I absolutely love this product. Sinks well into the hair and I like the smell too.














Parted the hair into four sections applied Keracare Silken Seal Serum to the hair and blow dried on medium heat.

I had to do this to tame the new growth! I managed to keep the hair till Wednesday evening when I did a touch up.

















Damaged front from the take down




Thanks for reading!

Nitty                  

                               Share your experience with Protective Styling

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images