Looong Hair Update+Wash Day Experience

Tuesday, November 04, 2014


Hello Lovelies,


It’s been ages but I’m back with a new post. Be warned. It's long and picture heavy.
Here goes…
I have been wearing a protective style since September 28th. I got twists at 9 weeks post relaxer and kept them in for four weeks. During these four weeks, I used my sheabutter mix to keep my hair moisturized. I also cleaned my scalp using the ORS Herbal Cleanse. (Dry Shampoo)
I took the braids out on October 31st. And I'm currently 13 weeks post relaxer.
 
My hair before undoing the braids.
The Takedown Process.
From my past experiences, I always lost a lot of hair any time I took down a protective style but this time around I was prepared and had lots of patience and time to remove the braids.
I started by applying the ORS Sheabutter Softening Hair and Scalp Lotion to each braid and new growth. I saturated the new growth with this product. And then unraveled each braid one after the other. When I unravel about 5 braids, I applied more ORS sheabutter and comb out the shed hair and any dirt that has accumulated. I did this until my whole head was undone.
I then sectioned my hair into four parts with my fingers and a wide tooth comb. Applied coconut oil to each section and then detangled from ends to root for each section. After detangling, I put my hair in two sections and covered with a satin cap.
 
Products and Tools for undoing my braids

 



















Amount of hair lost after taking out braids and detangling

Wash Day.
I started off by doing a hot oil treatment with hemp oil and all my essential oils. Heated the oil mix in warm water and applied to my hair and to my scalp, I put Red Pimento Oil. Covered my hair with a cling film then a shower cap and my satin cap. I was feeling too hot to sit under a dryer or wear my Hair Therapy Wrap. 
Hair under satin cap for Hot Oil Treatment


The Hot Oil Treat

















I then clarified with ORS Aloe Creamy Shampoo. This helped to remove all the build up from dirt and products over the past 4 weeks. I detangled my hair under the shower. I found that I lose less hair when I do this. The running water makes it so easy. My hair felt good after shampooing.  I towel dried my hair and then did a hard protein treatment.
 
Shampoo and Conditioners
I applied a generous amount of Aphogee 2 Step to my hair and pinned it up. Dried the treatment with a blow dyer until my hair was hard. Washed out the treatment under the shower. I used a lot of water to make sure the whole treatment was out of my hair. Applied a generous amount of the Aphogee Balancing Conditioner which is highly recommended that you use after the hard protein treatment.
I covered my hair with a shower cap for about 10 mins and washed it out. Applied some Roux Porosity Control to my hair and covered it for another 10 mins and washed it out as well.
For deep conditioning, I put a generous amount of Keracare Humecto and massaged it into my hair. Then I sat under my steamer for 10 mins. By this time I was exhausted from the wash and doing chores at the same time.

Hard Protein Treatment

Hair With Protein Treatment



















 I washed out the conditioner and dried my hair in an old cotton dress for about 20 mins. 

Amount of hair lost on Wash Day

Applied Keracare Leave-In. The initial plan was to install some Curlformers but after a few attempts and because of how exhausted I decided to shelf it for another time.

I went to my usual salon to set my hair using brush rollers and LottaBody Setting Lotion. My hair came out great! After drying, the stylist applied T444Z to my scalp and my sheabutter mix to my hair.
I was pleased because the shedding and breakage was minimal. But my nape still needs work.

Thanks For Reading!

Stay Fabulous as Always.

Nitty 
                                                  Share your Wash Day Experience

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. You had a good wash. That hair loss is unreal. 😱. I hope it continues like this for you. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tell you. It was a very good wash. Thanks for the support Nisa! :-)

      Delete
  2. I co-sign with Miranisa. Your shedding is unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cldn't believe it myself. I think my sheabutter mix really helped.

      Delete
  3. I can see you are happy with your result, looking at all the product you used for pampering your hair. Keep on going sister, waist length here we come

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million Pat! I feel I'm finally getting over my setback.

      Delete
  4. Your hair loss was minimal, luky you.
    i would have loved to see the setting results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Letititia, I was so tired and and didnt take any pics afterward. :-(

      Delete
  5. Glory!! So little hair loss..great job. Was looking forward to seeing the final results though.

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images