Amla Legend Billion Hair Potion Review

Friday, October 16, 2015




Size: 100ml
Availability : Easily found in cosmetic shops and supermarkets etc
Price:  15 - 20 cedis
Description : A generation of fortifying serum enriched with rejuvenating Indian Amla Oil. It's formula intensely refills the scalp in moisture to promote healthier growing hair. Coating actives strengthen your hair for a fuller, thicker texture.


Directions: On dry hair, apply directly onto scalp with the nozzle and massage gently, especially where hair is  weaker. Apply a small quantity on lengths. Do not rinse. Style as usual. Use daily until you achieve desired results. To maintain improvement, continue using three times a week.
Top 5 ingredients: Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Arginine, PPG-5-Ceteth-20 and Citric Acid.



My Verdict: Prior to me receiving this potion from Dark and Lovely, I had purchased one and used it. I told myself I was never going to buy it again. This was because I was expecting some wild growth of hair which never happened. And I also thought all serums were oil based so when this was watery I was like aaaahhhhh.Wharris dis? Lol.
Well, I am totally viewing this product from a  different angle now. I decided to do a little research on the first five ingredients. I believe we all know the first two. Now to Arginine which is one of the most common amino acids. This will strengthen your hair. PPG-5-Ceteth-20 is a type of emollient that is a softening ingredient and citric acid is used as a chelating ingredient. After reading about the ingredient I said to myself, this is not bad after all. It also comes in an applicator bottle which makes it very easy to put on your scalp and hair. It smells just like the other Amla Legend product. A sweet smell which can be overpowering sometimes.
The only disappointment I had was that amla oil was not part of the first five ingredient.  Because anyone who sees the name Amla Legend Billion Hair Potion is expecting some high dose of amla in the product.
I would say it did soften and moisturise my new growth that is peeping from my 7 weeks braids obviously because it's water-based. I like it.
I give it 4 stars out of 5.
Would I repurchase? Maybe. That's because I do have other moisturisers and scalp products already in my stash.

Thanks for Reading!

Stay Hairbulous...

Nitty. xxx

                                          Have you tried this product? Your thoughts?



You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Wharrisdis...lol I think I shd try it for my weave though. ..tnx for d review..kp doin d gud work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaayiiiiiiii now I knw berra...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would try it if I can find it. But I would have loved it more if amla was among the first 5 ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too. I was expecting amla to be in the first five ingredient. Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use this too and it's great for me! I can't wait to get my next bottle actually��

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should. Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images