Missing In Action! (Hair Update)

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Hello Doves,
It's been long. Please forgive me. My life has gotten busier and this is affecting my blog. But anyways, I will try and post twice a month.
Now to my hair. I am currently 22 weeks and 5 days post relaxer. My last relaxer was on May 9th 2015.
I left my hair alone for about four weeks and then started protective styling(PS). My first protective style was twists. I believe I kept them for about 4 weeks. I took them down and did a protein treatment and routine washing and deep conditioning. While in the my twists, I used Dark and Lovely Hair Refresher on my hair, oiled and massaged my scalp and edges with Jamaican Black Castor Oil mixed with essential oils. I also took Good N Natural Skin, Hair and Nails Vitamins. Sorry, I have no pics of the twists.

My second protective style was jumbo braids.

I used the same procedure to maintain these style as well. Moisturising with the hair refresher, oiling scalp etc. I also washed my braids whenever I felt there was a build up. This style lasted for three weeks.

I gave my hair a one week break after I uninstalled the braids and got another protective style. My intention was actually to relax my hair in September just in time for my wedding anniversary but I was so busy that I had no choice than to do another PS.

And I have been rocking my Afro Kinky Twists since August 25. Sorry, I did not take initial photos and currently, the braids are sevens old. I want to push it till the end of the month. I started this relaxer stretch by accident but it's been good so far. For this 'new' protective style I am using Wild Growth Oil on my scalp and edges. I started taking Nature's Bounty Hair Nails and Skin Vitamins too. 3 capsules a day. But I had to stop for two reasons. a) I was getting headaches even though I took 2.5 litres of water a day. b) I wanted to see if the Wild Growth Hair Oil alone would work. I would go back to it starting November. But will start a pill a day and then increase the dosage as time goes on. Below are pics of how my hair looks currently at 7 weeks of braids installation.


For this PS, I am using Dark and Lovely Hair Refresher and Amla Legend Billion Potion and Wild Growth Hair Oil.
I hardly do any fanciful hairstyles with the braids. It's either loose or held up in a pony especially when I am busy. I have also washed it twice. So that's it. Waiting to hear about your hair and progress. Leave your comments below.

And as usual,

Stay Hairbulous xxx

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Nitty I love your new growth, look at how its shining How do you control your wash days when you are not in protective styles looking at the new growth? And how long do you want to stretch your relaxer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I'm freshly relaxed till abt 6 weeks post relaxer, wash days are a breeze but the subsquent weeks are difficult bcos of new growth and detangling. I try to start my wash days Friday night and finish hopefully Saturday. It's the deep conditioning part that makes it extra long but hey it's all for the hair. Thinking of stretching till 2nd week in December. Thanks for reading dear.

      Delete
    2. When I'm freshly relaxed till abt 6 weeks post relaxer, wash days are a breeze but the subsquent weeks are difficult bcos of new growth and detangling. I try to start my wash days Friday night and finish hopefully Saturday. It's the deep conditioning part that makes it extra long but hey it's all for the hair. Thinking of stretching till 2nd week in December. Thanks for reading dear.

      Delete
  2. Tnx for the update... stay hairbulous too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi There,
    Thank you for sharing the knowledgeable blog with us I hope that you will post many more blog with us:-
    Sold out also available for preorders. Hemp seed protein is one of nature's perfect superfoods; One tablespoon contains 4.4 grams of sustainable Alkaline plant.
    EMAIL:RobertJ@HelpMeHemp.org
    Click here for more information:-href="https://helpmehemp.org/products/grade-50?variant=9168941842474" title="Hemp Seed Protein – HelpMEHemp 1-254-249-0042">MORE DETAILS......

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images