RELAXER DAY!! Thursday December 19, 2013

Tuesday, January 07, 2014


I finally decided to get a relaxer today at 16 weeks post. I have been unwell since Sunday December 15 and I was not able to give my hair the much needed attention. My hair began to mat because I did not comb it and I was always in a sleeping position. I was actually too weak to even scarf my hair.

 I tried bagging my whole head once but even that did not hold up. So in my semi-recovery state, I dragged myself to the salon to get a relaxer. My hair was breaking so fast I needed to save it.

I also decided never to do a long stretch without regular protective styling. My hair flourishes when it is not manipulated it.

In this relaxer process, I used the Crème of Nature Argan oil relaxer kit.(No Lye). 





I first coated my already relaxed hair with Roux Porosity Control to protect it. The relaxing and smoothing process took about 15 minutes.





After washing out the relaxer, the stylist applied the Aphogee Two mins conditioner to my hair. The conditioner was in my hair for about 20 mins.


She then neutralized three times with the Crème of Nature Neutralizing shampoo that came with the kit. 

Then did a final shampoo with ORS Hairepair Shampoo.


She applied my conditioner mix of Crème of Nature Intense Moisture Conditioner, grapeseed, almond, argan and essential oils. Sat under the hooded dryer for 15 mins.



The stylist then washed out the conditioner, dried my hair and applied KeraCare leave-in to my entire head and the Aphogee Pro-Vitamin leave-in to my ends. 
 


By this time, I was too tired and feeling too sick to do a roller set so I opted a blow dry. My hair turned out great. And I was really pleased with the results. The hair was not overly processed and I still have a bit of texture.



Nitty 


                   

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images