Wash Day December 14, 2013

Tuesday, January 07, 2014



I started my wash day the previous night. I finger detangled first to remove shed hair. I am currently 16 weeks post and I have started experiencing a lot of breakage. Also my hair was feeling quite mushy and not strong enough.

I prepooed overnight with a rosemary infused coconut oil plus a mixture of essential oils; tea tree, lavender and peppermint.

Decided to do an Amla treatment to strengthen my hair since it was feeling mushy.




 I had done a light protein treatment the previous week and did not want to do another hence my choice of Amla.
I prepared the Amla mixture and allow it to set overnight. I mixed some quantity of amla powder with warm water and coconut oil. I do not have specific measurements. I just eyeballed it.
Following morning, I applied the Amla mix to my hair and covered it with a cling film for two hour or so. 
I later shampooed twice with the ORS Hairepair Invigorating Shampoo.




 I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this shampoo.  Definitely a staple.
Did a black tea rinse and the deep conditioned under my hooded dryer with KeraCare Intensive Restorative Masque for about 15 minutes.




Allowed my hair to cool and then proceeded to rinse out the conditioner. Dried my hair with my cotton dress and when it was about 70% dry I put in my Keracare leave in and Aussie Luscious leave-in.




 Then roller set with KeraCare Wrap Set Lotion. The hair felt strengthened after the Amla treatment.

Kindest Regards,


Nitty


PS: I sincerely apologise for my inability to post in the past 4 weeks. I was under the weather but much better now. I also want to wish all my readers a happy,prosperous and a fulfilling new year. Let's Grow Our Mane!!  

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images