Wash Day: December 7th, 2013

Monday, December 09, 2013

  Wash Day started on Friday evening.
 And as usual I did my prepoo treatment with garlic improved coconut oil, sesame oil and my mix of essential oils. I warmed up the mixture in a Roots Only applicator bottle and  I applied to my hair and scalp. I wrapped my hair in a cling film and wore my Hair Therapy Wrap. I will continue this practice until I realize my hair is feeling super healthy and shiny. I had the mixture in my hair for about one and a half hours.   

Prepoo Arsenal
Prepooing with Hair Wrap.
       I am currently 14 weeks post and my new growth is beginning to itch like crazy. And also my hair was feeling quite dry during the week even though I was moisturising and sealing every other day. So the plan was to clarify the the and remove any product build up.
        I got into the shower and let the cold water run over my hair for a few minutes. Then I shampooed with Pantene Pro-V shampoo once to clarify it. And yes i got a new moisturising/ sulphate free  shampoo during the week and I gave it a try. Dear Lord, I'm such a product junkie!!
I shampooed twice with the ORS Hairepair Invigorating Shampoo. Yes, I like it. It works just like the Creme of Nature sulphate free shampoo. It contains rosemary and mint.I did feel some tingling on my scalp. I believe its because of the mint.

I dried my hair with an old cotton dress for a with  minutes and did a tea rinse. I used green,black and peppermint tea. I covered my hair with a shower cap for about 20 minutes.

After which i applied my conditioner mix using the root to tip method and concentrating on my ends.

The conditioner mix was made up of Creme of Nature Argan Oil Intensive Conditioning Treatment, Roux Porosity Control, Almond Oil, grapeseed oil and essential oils. Pictured above.

Wrapped my hair with a cling film sat under my hooded dryer for 30 minutes.

             
Me under the dryer. Oh that's my famous cotton dress over my shoulders.
I was so tired i went to bed with the conditioner in my hair. The following morning, I washed out the conditioner and dried my hair. When it was about70% dried i applied my leave-ins. Pictured below.

The Aphogee Pro-Vitamin Leave and the Organix Coconut milk anti-breakage serum was applied to my whole hair the Splits End mender to my ends.

I went to the salon to roller set. i set with KeraCare setting lotion.

Roller set process with Abigail
Me, making funny faces during the the take down.
Applied T44Z to my scalp and Sheabutter to my hair.

                                                                   Final Results



With love,

Nitty

                                        How was your recent Wash Day?



You Might Also Like

2 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images