Hair Update! Wash Day.

Friday, November 06, 2015

Hello dearies,
I'm back with a hair update. I must be sincere things did not go as planned. I started undoing my hair Friday evening around 4:30 pm. And before I could say Jack, the power went off. I took me about two hours to remove all the braids. I did not use my usual detangler because I was not at home at the time I was taking off the braids. When I eventually made it home I applied coconut oil to my hair to soften it a bit.
The detangling process was tiring. My arms were tired and my hair matted in some places because I had kept the braids in too long. Lesson learnt! I'm sticking to 6 weeks maximum for braids next time.

Fallen Soldiers! Keep braids in for almost 10 weeks
Finally, I finished detangling around midnight. Everyone was asleep and I was up doing hair. The extent we go for our hair. I'm over 20 weeks post relaxer and I felt my shedding was too much. Then again, the length of time I kept the braids in tells it all.

Before going to bed, I apply a mixture of coconut oil, Jamaican Black Castor Oil (JBCO) and essential oils to my hair. Wrapped with a cling film. Covered it with a Turbie Twist and went to bed.



Washed my hair in the morning, using Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Shampoo with my Scalp Massaging Shampoo Brush . I really like this brush. Cleans the scalp as well as massages it. The shampoo however is ok. It lathers well and cleans your hair well but it's not moisturising at all. It actually stiffens the hair a bit. To prevent any further breakage/shedding I detangled my hair under running water. The shower was on full blast.


I bloated the water out off my hair and applied Silk Amino Acids (SAA) to my hair and topped it up with Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Wild Ginger Keratin Intensive Treatment. The SAA immediately loosened my new growth. It was easier to finger detangle. I kept both in my hair for about 30 mins. I covered my hair with a shower cap.
I rinsed it out and deep conditioned with Paul Mitchell Lemon Sage thickening conditioner with my hair therapy wrap.
I rinsed the conditioner out and applied Paul Mitchell Smoothing Super Skinny Daily Treatment for a few minutes and wrapped my hair in a towel.

By this time my hair dresser had arrived, she put in Keracare Leave-In (not in thee pic) in my hair and  Aphogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer on my ends. Applied the Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum to my hair and then did a roller set.




I decided to put my hair in cornrows because I was not ready and did have the time to deal with both textures.


This is how my hair looks now...

Thanks for reading!

Stay Hairbulous.

Nitty xxx

                                                 Share your wash day experience!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. You are doing well with protective styling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try. It's the only way I can stretch for long. Thanks for reading

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images