Hair Update + Wash Day Post

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Hair Update
I have been struggling with my hair for the past two months. My relaxer on July 20th went really well afterwards everything started going downhill.

I knew I lost a lot of hair during the African queen protective style take down but I didn't realize that my nape area was totally gone. I blame my self for it. I did micro braids at the nape area to help me style the hair into high ponytails.Those micro braids were a killer!! Now when I put my hair in a bun,
the nape area is such mess.

Aside  that, front area has also broken off. all dyed hair have broken off completely. Making the front hair very short and unappealing. I'm sure it would have been worse if not for my consistent deep conditioning. Well, I feel quite down about my hair right now especially when I look at my previous hair pics and all the progress I made. I'm down but not out. The struggle for healthy hair continues!

 Wash Day
Prepooed with Coconut and Hemp seed Oil on the length of my hair and Red pimento Oil on my scalp overnight. I warmed the oils prior to application. I also detangled my hair with my fingers and a wide tooth comb.



Shampooed with the ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo. I remembered I hadn't chelated my hair in a while. It could be the cause of my breakage too.

Did a protein treatment with ORS Hair Mayo. I mixed the hair mayo with castor oil, avocado oil and some glycerin for moisture. Sat under my trusted Secura Steamer for 20 mins.


My hair came out very soft. Rinsed out with cool water.
Sprayed some Aphogee Keratin and Green Tea leave-in on my hair and applied  Keracare leave-in also.
                     
And then roller set with brush rollers and Lotta body setting lotion.  After drying I applied T444Z to my scalp and lightly applied sheabutter to the hair.

Thanks for reading!

Nitty   
                                        Share your latest hair experience.

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Sorry about the braids. I think you can get your hair back on track. You have all the info, products, and techniques you need. I look forward to seeing your progress. Good luck and happy hair growing.

    Don't Touch The Hair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support. :-) I've been stalking your blog.

      Delete
  2. Sorry about the setback. Maybe you can also do the bun channage GhEmprezz is/ doing. More grease to your elbows

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a protective style now. Big twists. Hope they last. Did it to avoid the daily manipulation.

      Delete
  3. oh sorry to hear about your setback..i love braids and cornrolls but it does a lot of harm to my edges..Ur hair will bounce back

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images