Wash Day: Wednesday November 6th, 2013

Wednesday, November 13, 2013




This post is actually a few days late. But I still want to share how my wash day with went you.
I am currently 11 weeks post relaxer. My last relaxer was on August 20th, 2013. So I have a bit of new growth to deal with. I also installed medium sized twists on October 7th, 2013 and took them down today. (November 6th, 2013) hence the much needed wash. I visited the salon to have the twists undone and went home to do my own wash.

First of all, I carefully detangled my hair with my fingers and then my wide tooth comb. I realised I had shed a lot of hair and I am thinking of incorporating tea rinses into my regimen.

 After detangling, I did a hot oil treatment. I mixed my oils and put the mixture into my Roots Only Applicator bottle and placed the bottle in some hot water for 5 to 10 minutes to warm it up.
I applied the mixture to my hair and scalp and placed a shower cap over my head for 30 minutes. Then I proceeded to wash.

I got into the shower and let the water run over my head for one minute. I shampooed my hair with TRESemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture Shampoo for Dry and Damaged Hair three times rinsing thoroughly each time.

I used an old cotton dress to mop up the water in my hair and applied Roux Porosity Control and Corrector Conditioner to my hair and let it sit for 5 mins. Wow!! The results were instantaneous. My hair became soft and detangling was a breeze.

I rinsed out the Roux Porosity Control and used my cotton dress again to dry my hair. I left the hair to dry a little bit maybe 50% then I applied my Aphogee Two Minutes Reconstructizer from root to tip and covered my hair for 5 mins.

I rinsed out the conditioner thoroughly and dried my hair. When the hair was about 70% dried I applied Infusium 23 Original, Organix Coconut Milk Splits Ender and Organix Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage Serum.

I air dried my hair. After the hair was completely dried, I moisturised my new growth with Jamaican Mango & Lime Transition Natural No More Relaxer New Growth Crème and to the length of my hair and sealed with Jojoba oil.

Nitty

                                   

                           How was your Wash Day?


 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images