The Oil Series: Grape Seed Oil

Monday, February 10, 2014

Grapeseed oil is non-greasy, odorless, and colorless oil offering plenty of uses for human. Its main features are high amount of Omega-6 (linoleic) fatty acid, of strong antioxidants (procyanidolic oligomers) and of Vitamin E. These constituents have significant regenerative, moisturizing and nourishing properties.

Benefits of Grape Seed Oil
 
Grapeseed oil restores the cell membranes of a scalp, strengthens hair roots and reduces brittleness in hair, thus grape seed oil treats hair loss.
Grape seed oil eliminates hair loss through lowering the level of hormone dihydrotestosterone. 
Grape seed oil is good for hair cuticles which get smooth and sealed; the oil prevents the splitting of hair-ends. 
Grapeseed oil retains the natural moisture and softness of hair.Grapeseed oil gives a fine sheen to hair. 
Regularly usage of grapeseed oil for hair solves the problem of dandruff.Grapeseed oil can be used as a heat protector for damaged hair.

Source: Oilypedia.com




 How I use my grapeseed oil:

1. As a prepoo/ Hot Oil treatment: I mix grape seed oil with other oils when doing a hot oil treatment or a preshampoo treatment.

2. As a sealing oil: I use it to seal my hair  after i moisturize. Also, apply it to damp hair after conditioning my hair. I leaves my hair smooth and silky.

3. I apply grape seed oil to my scalp to help reduce dryness and combat dandruff.

4.For the Baggy Method: I apply the oil to my ends and cover with a plastic bag. My ends are left well moisturised.

I totally love this oil because of its non-greasy nature, it absorbs well into your hair and scalp. But unfortunately its not readily available on the Ghanaian market and it is quite expensive.


With Smiles
Nitty
                  Have you tried grape seed oil before? How did it work for you?

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Nitty one day I will come for a hair spa day from you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mira, You totally should!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cudoos nitty, will join mira for the hair spa day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need one plz for my stubborn dandruff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, are you Ghana? If you are, contact afroobsession.com. She deals in hair products and oils.

      Delete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images